How to Make a Complaint
Here at MK Finance Group we sincerely hope that you have no reason to complain about any of the services that we provide. If you do feel that you need to make a complaint then we would like to make it as easy as possible for you to do so. Please see the guide below which will help you through our complaints policy and procedure.
The easiest way to make us aware of your complaint is to call us on 03335 775533 Monday to Friday, between 9am to 6pm, standard landline charges apply.
Alternatively you can:
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Complaints, MK Finance Group, The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Rd, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD
What We Will do About Your Complaint
We will respond to your complaint within 5 days in writing, this response will include details of who is dealing with your complaint. We will then formally respond to your complaint within 4 weeks. Our final response to you will be within 8 weeks.
How do I Contact You Regarding an Ongoing Complaint
If you have further information to add to your complaint or would like an update then the easiest way is to call us on 03335 775533 Monday to Friday, between 9am to 6pm, standard landline charges apply. It would be an assistance to us, but not necessary, if you could provide us with details of whom is dealing with your complaint, as detailed in our original reply.
You may also obtain an update on your complaint by:
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Writing to: Complaints, MK Finance Group, The Old Courthouse, 20 Simpson Rd, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK2 2DD
Using a Solicitor or Third Party to Assist With Your Complaint
If you employ a solicitor or third party such as a financial advisor to assist with your complaint it will not affect the way your complaint is handled.
- MK Finance Group will not charge you to make a complaint
- MK Finance Group is not liable for any fees or charges that are levied by any third party you choose to instruct to assist you with your complaint
- If your complaint is successful and we make a redress payment, we will normally only make this payment directly to you and not to a third party
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Should you feel dissatisfied with our final response you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of our final response to your complaint.
If we have not issued you with a final response within eight (8) weeks, you have the right to have your complaint dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”)
- Calling: 0800 0 234 567 (free from fixed lines) or 0300 123 9 123 (free for mobile users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02).
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Discretionary Commission Arrangements
On the 11th January 2024, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) made an announcement concerning customer complaints involving motor finance agreements, where a discretionary commission was paid to motor dealers and brokers between 6 April 2007 and 27 January 2021.
You can read the announcement here: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/statements/fca-undertake-work-motor-finance-market
Whilst the FCA completes their review, they have provided all firms a 37 week pause period to the complaints handling process for these customers specifically (i.e. complaints relating to commissions).
If your complaint is relating to anything other than discretionary commission arrangements, we will reply with a final response within 8-weeks as normal.
The FCA expect to have completed their review by 25th September 2024 however an extension to the pause is possible.
Customers are being provided with an extension to the referral period for the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Usually, you are required to refer your complaint to FOS within 6 months of receiving a final response from us. This is being amended to 15 months for complaints relating to discretionary commission models.